Job Openings Employment Opportunities
Current Open Positions
#2.Estimator Miscellaneous Metals - Decorative Metals
#3. Metal Fabricators
#4. Draftsperson Steel Detailer AutoCAD
- Resume submitted by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchasing Manager is in charge of all purchasing functions involved in the metal fabrications. Purchasing responsibilities include steel, stainless steels, aluminum, brass and glass. Additional responsibilities include outsourcing powder coating, painting, laser cutting, machining work, fasteners, supplies for fabrication and general building as well as equipment maintenance and inventory control.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Create purchase orders for the acquisition of materials utilizing internal purchasing practices and following Company process and authorization matrix
- Manages inventory levels to assure maximum availability to meet company’s business operating plan, but strives for lowest inventory levels
- Proficient at reading and understanding metal fabrication\construction blueprints in order to generate Bill of Materials (BOM’s) and Purchase Orders (PO’s)
- Manages 50+ vendors to effectively source materials
- Assures proper evaluation of vendors for best cost/best business practices for sourcing
- Creates and manages manual and computerized business processes as they relate to sourcing and materials management
- Provide strong support and partnership with Estimating/Project management group for bidding, cost estimation and submittals
- Ensures engagement and two-way communication with entire team
- Secures most cost-effective delivery method for sourced materials
- Identify, gather and analyze internal and external intelligence such as market trends, supplier capabilities, specification data and customer requirements to optimize long-term purchasing decisions
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree desired, Certified Purchasing Professional a plus
- Strong analytical skills coupled with high competency with MS Office, including Excel & Outlook
- Proven past experience in the metals fabrication industry
- Prior experience in the miscellaneous and decorative metal field
- Only applicants with prior Metal Purchasing Experience will be considered
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This position will work in both a normal office setting and in a metals fabrication floor. While working on the shop floor you will be exposed to moderately loud noises, working near moving equipment and machinery in a fabrication environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans, Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Purchasing: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Estimator Miscellaneous Metals - Decorative Metals
Metal Fabricator Miscellaneous Decorative Metals
Couturier Iron Craft, Inc. is seeking experienced miscellaneous metal fabricators.
This position includes working in a team environment performing layout, fabrication and welding of metal stairs, railings, framing and other miscellaneous metal fabrications for new construction. Experience in welding and fabrication of a variety of metals such as stainless steel, aluminum and steel is required, as well as the ability to read and interpret shop fabrication blueprints. Prior experience and skills in a similar steel fabrication environment operating saws, cutting equipment, overhead cranes, ironworker, torch, welders, rollers, pipe benders, press brake, drill press is required.
Draftsmen Steel Detailer AutoCAD
Couturier Iron Craft Inc. is a specialty decorative and miscellaneous metals contractor nationally, primary products are custom stairways, railings and formed metal products for new construction.
Couturier Iron Craft, Inc. is seeking an experienced CAD Detailer/Drafter who has advanced knowledge of Miscellaneous Metals and Decorative Metals design and fabrication. This opening is in addition to an already successful detailing team.
Detail shop fabrication and erection drawings for miscellaneous metals, stairways and railings fabrications.
Assist project managers with design, details and field condition concerns.
Thorough knowledge of stairways, railings and misc. steel codes, material finishes, and shop preferences.
Knowledge and understanding of the process involved with steel construction detailing
Ability to identify areas of design concerns and resolve the issues prior to fabrication
Proficient with AutoCAD software, primarily 2D/3D
Work with project managers & shop foreman throughout the detailing & fabrication process.
Work with project managers in clarifying and interpreting field dimensions.
Prepare as-built drawing sets.
Prepare and submit RFI's and approval drawings.
Communicate with contractors and architects as needed to produce timely and accurate drawings.
Requirement of 5 years experience in stairway, railings, decorative formed steel detailing using AutoCAD
Hours per week: 40 + overtime
Job location: Comstock Park, MI
Salary: $25 - $30/hr starting.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Vacation, 401k
Employment applications can be completed in person at 5050 West River Dr. NE Comstock Park, MI 49321, or online at: http://www.couturierironcraft.com/employment, or resumes can be sent by replying to this ad.